Saturday 7 July 2012

Weekend Alone

Hello all,
This past week was my first week back in the Drawing Rooms (after my one month stint in the bar). I'm not sure which I prefer, because they're both so different...but the bar is definitely a lot more relaxed. This week has had fairly good weather, so I've been spending my days on the Terrace serving people tea while working on my tan.

This week I also started apartment hunting on a whim. On July 1st I was hanging out with Rochelle and Tiffany, and decided to just search the web and see if there were any apartments that looked good (I wasn't even seriously considering moving) and within an hour I had two appointments to view some rooms. So I decided that I wanted to move from Cork Street because, to be honest, the area is pretty sketchy and at least a half hour walk away from anywhere I want to spend my time. I looked at about five apartments, and found one that I love! I'm going to be moving on August 8th :) The apartment is shared with three other girls and I will be sharing the room with a Venezuelan girl. It's in an amazing location (right across the street from Christchurch Cathedral - very central) and the rent is 200 Euros less than what I pay now (because it's a single bed in a shared room). I'm really excited to move, even though it's in almost exactly a month!

I had yesterday and today off work, and I decided I wanted to do something worthwhile. Yesterday I went to Christchurch Cathedral with my current roommate, Maria. It was really interesting and there is a  creepy crypt beneath the church. My favourite/the weirdest part was the mummified bodies of a cat and a rat. Apparently someone found their bodies in some organ pipes...the cat was presumed to be chasing the rat and they both got stuck in the organ, and their bodies were preserved fairly well (although skeletal and gross).

Today I slept in late and went to the coastal town of Howth (pronounced Hoath) for a few hours. To get there it's about a half hour ride on the DART train.  It was a gorgeous day and perfect to go on a hike! The views were breathtaking and it was really peaceful hiking by myself. It took me about two hours to do the trail; afterwards I bought a sandwich and a fruit salad and had myself a little picnic by the ocean. Here are some photos (but to get the full effect you'll just have to visit and come on the hike with me!)



Kind of awkward taking pictures of yourself, but it had to be done!
Hope everyone else is having good weather and a relaxing summer!
Love,
Jenna

1 comment: